Tuesday, March 25, 2008

as you like it

first of all let me say that i love Shakespeare for his beautiful creation of literature, unfortunately his language is incomprehensible and i find extremely difficult to even make out the gist of the story. except for the Japanese setting i hardly understood anything but Calvin Klein's melancholy character did fascinate me as he seemed to play quite an important role by hardly saying anything except for occasional crucial remarks. i am proud to say that i did recognize the script that we read in Now Read On about the stages of men. other than that i have nothing much to say unless if i maybe watch another time.

1 comment:

Evelyn said...

Thanks for your blog as I know more about the play ‘As You Like It” .From what you wrote, I just realized that I don’t even know there is a script that we read in Now Read On about the stages of men. The movie is hard for me to understand because there is no sub-title and I’m poor in listening too. I think I totally lost while watching the movie. So, I don’t know what is going on and I feel dull. On the other hand, I agree with you that Shakespeare’s poem and play are really beautiful, but the language is really hard to comprehend. Wish that we will have a chance to watch the movie again.